Thursday, September 30, 2010

Review: MAC Venomous Villains - She Who Dares Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo

One of the things that arrived today in my MAC Venomous Villains order was the She Who Dares Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo.  It's much the same as My Dark Magic in formulation, except that the colors in She Who Dares are blue and green instead of the plum and violet of My Dark Magic.



More details and swatches after the jump!


(It's been raining for two days here and it's not supposed to clear up, so I had to use the flash on all my photos.  Sorry for that!)

The formulation of She Who Dares is the same as My Dark Magic in my opinion: prone to fallout and not very pigmented unless you use them wet.  If you don't like using wet eye shadows (or in the alternative using a creamy base), then you might want to skip these.


Swatched - blue, wet (top) and dry (bottom):


Green - wet (top) and dry (bottom):



That said, when they are wet or used with the proper base they are quite pretty, very sparkly.  The extent of the sparkle doesn't come through in photos.  They would make for some great Halloween makeup (which is how I generally viewed this collection).

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment