Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Review: Korres Cherry Oil Full Color Lipgloss - #22 Naked Rose, #25 Natural Purple, #30 Naked Beige

I recently picked up some of Korres Cherry Oil lipglosses after playing with them in Sephora.  I was impressed by the color selection, the moisturizing feel of the glosses, and the natural formula.



More details and swatches after the jump!



The formula is smooth, only slightly sticky, and nicely pigmented; the Naked glosses are semi-sheer with some sparkle, and the Natural Purple shade is semi-opaque without sparkle.

I decided to try the #22 Naked Rose, #25 Natural Purple, and #30 Naked Beige.

Naked Rose is a semi-sheer brightened rose with golden shimmer.  It instantly brightens my face when I put it on my lips.

Natural Purple is a semi-opaque browned plum.  It is close to my natural lip color but a bit darker.

Naked Beige is a semi-sheer neutral pinked beige with beige shimmer.  It doesn't do much by itself but looks great over lipsticks.

I liked how smoothly the gloss glided on my lips, and how my lips felt instantly moisturized.  The glosses also have a faint cherry-vanilla scent that dissipates after they are applied.  The glosses had nice wear as well; they tended to last about 3 hours before I felt the need to reapply.

The flash lightened the colors a little bit, but here they are swatched on my arm.  From top to bottom: Naked Beige, Natural Purple, Naked Rose



Overall I am happy with the glosses and will likely purchase one or two more.  They have enough pigmentation that they can be worn on their own for a more casual look, and can also add oomph to lipsticks for a more polished presentation.  Also, I have a lot of trouble matching colors with my skintone and the Korres line has a lot of colors that suit me (I am neutral-to-warm toned and prone to redness because of my sensitive skin).  Well done, Korres!

No comments:

Post a Comment