Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: Chanel Soho Collection - Rouge Coco in Stunning

Today I received my Chanel Soho haul - the lip products.  I have just a minor obsession with lipsticks and glosses, so when I saw these I knew I had to get them.  They are part of Chanel's Limited Edition Soho Collection in honor of the re-opening of Chanel's Soho boutique. I'll be reviewing both, but first up is Rouge Coco in Stunning.


More details and swatches after the jump!



Stunning is a plummy rose with faint rosey microglitter.  It swatches on my NC20 skin as more of a brownish rose; it looks warmer on my skin than it does in the tube.  It's a gorgeous color, although perhaps not terribly unique.  It works beautifully with my skintone, as it is just a bit darker than my natural lip color. 



The pigmented formula glides on smoothly and smells of roses.  It's a pretty scent, but it is more noticeable in the tube.  Once it's on, the scent is barely there.    It feels moisturizing on the lips, but does not slide around.  This lipstick just arrived today so I have not been able to test it for wear; I wanted to get the pictures up.

As I mentioned, the color is pigmented; it goes on fairly opaque but is also buildable to your desired intensity.  The swatch is maybe two passes over my skin.  By taking a couple more, I was able to get a pretty intense result. 

Overall I am very pleased with this lipstick so far.  It's my first Rouge Coco and I am looking forward to really testing the wear.  Rouge Cocos have a great reputation, so I'm not too concerned, but it's such a pretty color I can wait to put it on with a full look.  Recommended!

6 comments:

  1. Ohh, that looks like a nice color for fall! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the swatches. I love Chanel colors..they look so simple yet beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Kristie :) This is one of my favorite lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's beautiful! I found this one to be very close to my naked lips and very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this one will work for a lot of people. And there's good news for those not in NYC ... I just saw it two days ago (on November 10) in-store at the Bellevue, WA Nordstrom! It looks like it's going to be released at least in some stores, so keep an eye out near you.

    ReplyDelete