Sunday, September 12, 2010

Review: Chanel Soho Collection - Rouge Allure Laque in Stunt

Follow my blog with bloglovin

After trying and loving the Rouge Coco in Stunning, I was very excited to try Chanel's Rouge Allure Laque in Stunt, also especially created for the Limited Edition Soho Collection.  The Soho Collection celebrates the re-opening of Chanel's Soho Boutique in New York City after an extensive remodel, and was inspired by the women of Soho and NYC in general.

Rouge Allure Laques are known for their amazing pigmentation, creamy formula, and long wear.  Stunt did not disappoint!


More details, photos, and swatches after the jump!

Stunt is an opaque plum mauve that is definitely on the purple side.  The flash on my camera makes the color show up more brownish pink than it is in real life.  Stunt strikes me as definitely purple maybe with a little brown, almost a raisin color.  At first glance, I thought this would go nicely with the Dior Misty Mauve Quint for the fall.  I still think they would look great together, but to me Stunt is more neutral than the decidedly cool tones in the Dior palette.  The purple of this shade is on the warmer side in that I feel like it has more of a red/brown base, but there is something about it keeping me from calling it truly warm.


The Rouge Coco in Stunning is my favorite of the two, but that's because to me it is a more wearable everyday shade (which is important to me but might not be for you).  Stunt is bolder, and extremely well-suited for fall's smokey purple looks.  The formula is creamy and smooth, but not very thick.  In fact, I would say it is a little on the runny side.  It was pretty opaque after the first swipe on my lips, and it was perfect after I smoothed it out with a second swipe.  The edges bleed slightly on me, so I have to go over them with a q-tip.  After the color sets, however, it does not budge til I remove it.  I haven't eaten with this shade on, but it lasted through four hours for me and even then the only reason it came off is because I removed it.

Overall I like Stunt, but I don't love it.  As I said, the Rouge Coco in Stunning still has my heart.  If you like raisin-y purples and are drawn to fall's rich purple looks, you might like this Laque.

No comments:

Post a Comment