Monday, November 14, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Gleaming Temptations Lip Gloss in I Have My Honey

Anyone who has spent any amount of time talking to me about cosmetics knows about my love affair with Rouge Bunny Rouge.  I have tried many of their products, and I have yet to be disappointed.  I had never seen one of their lip glosses, so I decided to give them a whirl.  I chose the shade I Have My Honey, which is a mauve-colored gloss with pinky-mauve opalescent shimmer.


Swatches after the jump!

It's another cloudy day here in the Pacific Northwest, so I did the best I could to capture the color for you. These photos are pretty accurate, but keep in mind that color varies slightly among monitors.

I Have My Honey goes on sheer and imparts a little bit of mauvey color to my fairly pigmented lips.  What you see the most is the opalescent shimmer and shine.  The feel is slightly sticky but not too much, and my lips feel moisturized after wearing this gloss for a while.  I found the wear time was average for a gloss (2-3 hours on me).


This is a great my lips but better shade that gives some polish to lips, or that will layer nicely over a lipstick.  I have layered it over MAC's Gem of Roses (limited edition, warm strawberry pink from the Semi-Precious Collection this past summer) lipstick, and was very happy with the shimmery-yet-toned-down result.  This is not a unique color, but I love the look and feel of it, and I didn't have anything like it in my collection.

Here is a photo taken with flash so you can see the shimmer:



I think if you are a fan of Chanel Glossimers like me you will like RBR's lip glosses.  The RBR went on sheer and brought slight color and more shimmer and shine to my lips or the underlying lip color.  The RBR was not as sticky and thick as Glossimers, and so far I have found the RBR to be more moisturizing.  I like what I have seen so far, and will definitely be purchasing more in the future.

I buy all my Rouge Bunny Rouge from Zuneta, who recently announced lower worldwide shipping rates.  I paid just $8 for shipping to the United States.  If you purchase 100GBP or more, shipping to the U.S. is complementary.

Click here to see my other Rouge Bunny Rouge posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment