Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute - In the Know Bordeaux Lip Creme by Ken Downing

I have been on the hunt for the perfect holiday red, and Le Metier de Beaute's limited edition lip creme In the Know Bordeaux does not disappoint!  It's a shimmery, creamy, nearly opaque gloss with fantastic lasting power.



See a swatch after the jump!

I did the best I could with the product and swatch pictures; in our new house, it's been very difficult to find a good place to take photos.  I tried to be as accurate as possible with the color; these photos make the color appear more red than it is in reality.  The color to me is a true wine with some raspberry undertones; definitely red, but also a bit of pink is in there as well.  Also keep in mind that color varies among monitors.

Neiman Marcus' Ken Downing created this color for Le Metier de Beaute's Fall/Winter collection.  As you can imagine, it is a Neiman Marcus exclusive.  You can purchase online by clicking here or at a Neiman Marcus store near you.

This lip creme is just about everything I could ask for in a gloss.  The color is great, the application is smooth, and it fades fairly slowly.  It goes on just about opaque, so if you are looking for a sheer wash of color this isn't the gloss for you.



I have been wearing it for about 3 hours now, and it has dried down to a shiny dark raspberry wine color that complements my neutral and quite fair complexion.  The only complaint I have is that I did experience bleeding/feathering a few minutes after application, along with some settling into my lip lines ... I will need a pencil under this lip gloss.  This is ok with me, especially since I pretty much always need a pencil under reds, but those looking for a low maintenance red will probably not like this gloss.  That said, it's probably lower maintenance than a lot of other reds out there, so I think it's worth a look.

I purchased this gloss from the Neiman's website, and got free shipping with the code NOVFS.   It took about 6 days to arrive.

See this gloss swatched at some other blogs as well:

The Non Blonde
Cafe Makeup
The Beauty Look Book
Messy Wands

No comments:

Post a Comment