Monday, November 14, 2011

Chanel Extrait de Gloss in Triomphal - Holiday 2011

When I saw Chanel's new Extrait de Gloss in person, I knew I had to have it.  Triomphal is an exquisite pinked red with fuschia shimmer.  It is limited edition, released for Holiday 2011.

Image courtesy of chanel.com

Swatches after the jump!



Here it is, swatched alone on top and over Rouge Allure in Famous on the bottom (which I accidentally smudged).  Over the RA in Famous the color is pretty much the same, but it has more opacity, as well as depth and complexity, that did not quite come across in the photo. I took this one with the flash to you can see some of the magnificent shimmer.



It is not normally the kind of color that I go for, but I am trying to expand my palette into reds.  I tried this one on and it was very flattering to my pale skin.  Some bright reds wash me out, but this bright red made my face look creamy.  For reference, I am about NC/NW 15-20 (closer to 15).  I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10.

The color is nearly opaque and glides on smoothly from the applicator.  I did experience some bleeding/feathering after a few minutes of wear; this is par for the course for me when dealing with reds.  I am going to try this with an e.l.f. Lip Lock Pencil I bought that just arrived today.  Look for a review of that soon.

The lasting power is fantastic for a gloss; I wore it for several hours before needing to reapply. Overall I am very happy with this gloss, and I am so glad that I tried it.  Triomphal is available at chanel.com and Nordstrom with free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment