Monday, June 14, 2010

Review: Rouge Bunny Rouge - Part II

Part II of my Rouge Bunny Rouge review features Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick in Fluttering Sighs and Hues of Enchantment Colour Burst Lipstick in The Plot Thickens.

RBR's Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick has a light yet spicy scent and a smooth texture.  It glides on nicely and feels quite moisturizing on the lips.  It also has pleasantly surprising color payoff for a sheer lipstick ... Fluttering Sighs in particular is a lovely peachy pink hue shot through with gold shimmer that brightens my complexion nicely.  It's perfect for when you want a nude lip with a little something extra. 

I was also pleased with how long this lipstick lasted.  It's not a long-wear product, so I was happy that I got at least a couple of hours' worth of wear from it before I felt I needed to reapply.

I will definitely be repurchasing this one over and over again.  Traditionally, I am more of a gloss girl than a lipstick girl.  I love the color and texture of this lipstick though, and will likely try some other colors.


Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick in Fluttering Sighs (click to enlarge):

 
 RBR's Hues of Enchantment Colour Burst Lipstick has a creamier and more luxurious texture than the Succulence of Dew Lipstick.  The color is also more opaque.  I found the formula to be hydrating as well, although I did feel it was less hydrating than the Succulence of Dew Lipstick.  It did, however, last longer than the Succulence of Dew.  

The Plot Thickens is a gorgeous peachy nude shade with very subtle shimmer.  While it is brightening, it is not as brightening as Fluttering Sighs.  In my opinion, The Plot Thickens is a wonderful complement to a sexy, smokey eye.

Overall I like this lipstick a lot, but as I tend to wear my makeup more casual, I find myself reaching for Fluttering Sighs on a more daily basis.  The Plot Thickens is a fabulous lipstick that I use when I am going out or for special occasions.  It's a great base for many of my lipglosses, and I love it paired with a smokey eye.  I'll likely repurchase this lipstick when the time comes, though I think I will go through the sheer lipstick in Fluttering Sighs much faster.

Hues of Enchantment Colour Burst Lipstick in The Plot Thickens (click to enlarge):



Here are swatches, Fluttering Sighs on top and The Plot Thickens on bottom (click to enlarge):


The shades look similar, but Fluttering Sighs is brighter, more pink, and has more shimmer than The Plot Thickens.  The Plot Thickens is nude with just enough pink in it to keep you from looking washed out.  The shimmer on The Plot Thickens is also much more subtle ... Overall, I would say The Plot Thickens has more of an opaque satin finish, while Fluttering Sighs is shiny and sheer with an apparent golden shimmer.

I think which one of these formulas you will prefer depends on your day-to-day makeup tendencies.  As a lipgloss lady myself, I found that the sheer lipstick fit better with my normal routine and aesthetic than the colour burst lipstick.  If you normally tend toward true lipsticks, however, you will probably find the colour burst lipstick moisturizing and luxurious.   I love both formulas for different reasons, and they both fill a gap in my makeup collection.  The price makes these lipsticks a bit of an indulgence, but in my opinion they are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment