Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Review: Benefit Eye Bright





Things have been kind of hectic around the Addicted household of late, and I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should.  I have been looking into products that will help conceal the effects of said sleep deprivation, and my research led me to Benefit's Eye Bright pencil ($20 at Sephora).


At first I was a little wary of the color.  This pencil is a pale pink, not a true white like a lot of other eye brightening pencils.  I was afraid the pink would make my eyes look bloodshot and highlight the redness and circles around my eye area.  Not so!  I applied the pencil to my waterline and was very pleased.  The pale pink actually looks more natural and less jarring than a pure white pencil looks.


 You can see from the arm swatch (no flash) that the color is much more subtle than a white pencil, but it doesn't really look pink either.  The results are eyes that look awake and fresh, even though they may not necessarily feel either of those two things.


The texture of the pencil is creamy, so it's very easy to apply.  It doesn't drag like other eye liners; the color goes on nice and smooth.  After it's applied, the color does seem to fade over time, but I've been wearing it for about 4 hours now and my eyes still look bright ... the effect of the pencil is definitely still noticeable.

Overall I am very pleased with Benefit Eye Bright, and will likely repurchase when I the time comes.  You get a lot of product with each pencil, so I don't think I will run out but rather proper hygiene will require a replacement.

What do you think of Benefit Eye Bright?

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered my eye bright pencil from the Benefit online store. I've tried it out at my local counter and I love it, it's amazing how much a pink pencil can do!!

    http://addicted2benefit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete