Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm still here! and Haus of Gloi

It's been hectic but fun in the last couple of weeks.  I'm currently in Seattle getting acclimated and scoping out neighborhoods with Mr. Addicted.  Next week I go back to Philly to take care of some things around the house to get that baby on the market.

I have a couple of packages waiting for me at home that I had hoped would arrive before I came out here, but alas they came a day late.  One of them is Rouge Bunny Rouge, heaven help me.

There have been a few things that have helped me keep sane through all the chaos.  I want to give a shout out to Haus of Gloi, which I decided to try after reading several raves on other blogs - good move on my part!  Haus of Gloi's Pumpkin Queen Sugar Exfoliant (now sold out) and Parkin Pumpkin Butter have been nothing short of life savers for me.

Image courtesy of Haus of Gloi

Read more about Haus of Gloi after the jump!

I am so sad that Pumpkin Queen won't be available again until next year, as I found the scent delightful.  Some people might find it a bit cloying, but if you love sweet yet spicy fragrances I think you would enjoy Pumpkin Queen.  The peach is detectable, and doesn't quite say "autumn" to me, but it does a great job of balancing the spiciness of the scent and mixes nicely with the more milky, creamy notes.  Pumpkin Queen smells good enough to eat!

Also, the Sugar Exfoliants are just divine.  The scrub is pretty firm in texture, and when it mixes with water it turns into a nice grainy cream that melts into your skin.  It is ultra-moisturizing but not greasy, which is perfect for combating the winter cold.  In the winter I have extremely dry skin that is prone to eczema, and so far this scrub has been a miracle for me.  Also, it leaves behind just a hint of the scent, which is why I especially love using this scrub at bedtime.  There's just something so soothing and comforting about it.

Parkin is another fabulous fragrance.  HoG describes it as "Glorious ginger cakes celebrating Guy Fawkes Day! Brown sugar, black treacle, oats, a peculiar blend of white spices tossed with chopped roasted chestnuts and coated with the lightest of icings."  I'd say that's pretty accurate.  It is a little heady at first and the molasses is prominent, but once you apply it the smells softens and smells exactly like a fresh-baked gingerbread.  If you like gingerbread and other spicy-sweet scents, you will be pleased with Parkin!

The Pumpkin Butter has also worked wonders on my dry skin.  The formula is so smooth and creamy ... it's a dream to apply.  It sinks into skin quickly and is not at all greasy. It keeps my skin moisturized all day, and like the sugar scrub it leaves just a faint hint of the scent behind.  Gorgeous!

All in all, I am in love with Haus of Gloi products.  I couldn't bring the PQ Sugar Exfoliant or Parkin Pumpkin Butter with me because I only packed a carry-on and the jars were too large ... I was so distraught without them (and so excited that the new Yuletide products were posted) that I placed an order for Eggnoggin Sugar Exfoliant and Eggnoggin Pumpkin Butter so I can have some Gloi goodness here with me in Seattle.

Image courtesy of Haus of Gloi

HoG describes the scent as "Cream, sugar and a shot of dark rum topped with fresh grated nutmeg."  Doesn't that sound delicious?  I can't wait for these to arrive.

If you are thinking about trying Haus of Gloi, I say go for it.  All their products are handmade and 100% vegan, and are very reasonably priced (you can easily spend a lot more on lower quality items).  The shipping can be high, but as someone who uses USPS frequently I can say that the prices are fair and there is little to no markup.  The products are just healthily sized, so they can run a bit heavy which in turn increases the shipping cost.  The items are carefully packaged and arrive to me within a few days to a week of ordering.  Every package includes a sample of perfume oil and a hand-written thank you note, which is a very nice touch.   Any of their products would make a great gift.

I will certainly be ordering from Haus of Gloi again soon ... the Snow Wolf and Hearth Yuletide fragrances sound very enticing!

Have you tried Haus of Gloi?  If not, do you think you will give them a try?  If so, what are your favorite products?

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know I love HoG. I've found the Pumpkin Butter excellent for my very dry skin too - more effective than many much more expensive products I've tried. I need to try the Sugar Exfoliant - so far I've stuck with the Bubbling Scrub as I really like that formula. I love the 2oz sizes for travel.

    ReplyDelete