Friday, September 17, 2010

PSA: J.Crew launches Factory Merchandise online!

This morning J.Crew launched an online outlet for its Factory merchandise.  The outlet is accessible through it's main website at jcrew.com (click here), and is available from Friday at midnight to Sunday at 11:59pm.  Items purchased through the Factory website can be returned either through the mail or at J.Crew Factory stores only.

I had heard that J.Crew might be launching its Factory stores online, and I was wondering how they were going to do it successfully.  I think making it a weekend-only event keeps it special enough that it will not dilute the brand.  I also think their choice of items to sell online is spot on - they have chosen to recreate best sellers from previous seasons.

My only concern is the hit-or-miss quality of the Factory outlet stores ... those of you who have shopped there know what I mean.  Those who have not experienced the "Crewlet" may be disappointed in some of the items, especially for the price (lower than J.Crew, but not low enough sometimes).  Nevertheless, I am happy to see the new Factory section on jcrew.com and am excited to see which items they feature in the coming weeks.

See some of my faves after the jump!






What do you think of J.Crew's online Factory store?

No comments:

Post a Comment