Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick in Primrose Hill Pink

My Burberry obsession continues.  While I was at the Burberry counter this weekend, I picked up the Lip Cover in Primrose Hill Pink ($30), which was released as part of the Spring collection a few months back.  Love!

Burberry Beauty Lip Cover in Primrose Hill Pink

More details and swatches after the jump!



Primrose Hill Pink is a bright strawberry pink that has the tiniest bit of coral in it.  It's glossy, opaque, and shimmer-free.

Burberry Primrose Hill Pink - light swatch (L) and heavy swatch (R)

This shade swatched a bit unevenly, but it goes on lips evenly and smoothly.  The color is nicely buildable from a light pink to the bright shade you see in the bullet.

I realized that I am quite a fan of these types of pinks, so I swatched some from my collection that I thought were similar: Chanel Rouge Coco in Jersey Rose, Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick in Tongue Tickles, Chanel Rouge Allure in Coquette, Chanel Rouge Coco in Paradis, and Burberry Lip Mist in Feather Pink.  Click to enlarge.


Chanel Coquette is the most similar, but it has more yellow, less coral and is less bright than Primrose Hill Pink.  Chanel Paradis is more pink, a little cooler. 

I really like Primrose Hill Pink.  It's bright, but not too bright for my pale skin; just bright enough to five some life to my complexion.  It's the perfect pink for spring and summer.  I have found that it goes very nicely with Chanel's Rose Corail lip pencil.

You really can't go wrong with Burberry's Lip Covers; it's really just a matter of finding the color(s) that speak to you.  The formula is consistent throughout the shades that I have tried, and they are moisturizing and creamy without having too much slip.  For more of my thoughts on the Lip Cover formula, see this review.

I purchased Burberry's Primrose Hill Pink at the Burberry counter in the Nordstrom Bellevue Square.  Angie, the counter manager there, is fantastic and can answer any questions you may have.  She will also ship your order to you free of charge.  You can reach her at  425-455-5800 x1043.

No comments:

Post a Comment