Friday, July 1, 2011

Review: Chanel Precision Eye Definer in Khaki Platine - Illusiones D'Ombres de Chanel - Fall 2011

This year, Chanel's collections have been getting better and better.  Fall 2011 has me salivating ... it is so elegant!  Most of the items are permanent, so I splurged on the limited edition items right now, plus the Prelude eyeshadow quad because it just looked so delicious.

First up, I give you Chanel Precision Eye Definer in Khaki Platine (limited edition):


More details and swatches after the jump!

Khaki Platine is a bronzed pewter color that leans ever so slightly olive.  It is a complex shade that glides on smoothly without pulling or, conversely, depositing too much product.  The color applies opaquely and is quite pigmented; my swatch was one light swipe of the pencil on my (NC20ish) forearm.



I took these pictures in direct sunlight without a flash.  It's difficult to capture the nuance of this color in a swatch.  Nevertheless, I have tried my best.  I feel like the light in this photo makes the swatch appear warmer than it actually is.  The color is more silver than gold, but in certain lights can appear warmer or cooler, more bronze or more pewter.  It really is a stunning pencil.  Click either pic to enlarge.

As for wear, I can't say much because I just received this pencil today.  Typically, however, I get a full day out of these pencils even though they are not waterproof.

Khaki Platine is a gorgeous color that I am happy to add to my collection.  I am looking forward to trying the rest of this collection!

The Illusiones D'Ombres de Chanel Collection is available now at chanel.com, nordstrom.com, and neimanmarcus.com, and is starting to trickle into stores.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty and a bit differnet from a lot of liners out there. We don't get the fall collection till mid August here but I'll be sure to snap this up, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Replica! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete