Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review: J.Crew Haya stripe hoodie

I have been in a summery, beachy state of mind lately, and as soon as I saw the Haya striped hoodie ($65) on jcrew.com I knew I would be getting it.





The price is outrageous for a hoodie, but I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I found the hoodie at my local b&m and tried it on. I loved it!

The material is like a very soft and stretchy terry cloth. It's highly breathable and ever-so-comfortable. There are little pinky-peach darts at the pockets and the hood are attached, which add a pop of color and add some (otherwise lacking) femininity of the piece. The darts will also keep the seams from ripping/unraveling (ehem).

The fit is what I'd call a boyfriend fit. It's more form-fitting around the arms, and looser in the body. I took my regular size S in it, and it fits perfectly. There is quite a bit of stretch to the fabric, so if you want the hoodie to be snug try the next size down.

Here is a pic in less than optimum lighting (click to enlarge):




The Haya hoodie was going fast at my store, otherwise I would have waited on it. I was a bit surprised at first, but not after I tried it. J.Crew makes the best loungewear, in my opinion; it's always so soft and comfortable. Thumbs up on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment